All you need to create Tom are: two different-sized styrofoam balls, felt, two tones of brown yarn, tacky glue, construction paper, toothpicks, and tape.
- Shave the bottom off of the larger ball---remember to shave enough so that your turkey will stand upright.
- Wrap the larger ball in the darker color of yarn and the smaller ball in the lighter.
- Using the felt, cut the shapes needed to give Tom a face. Then, use a few toothpicks to attach the two balls.
- Draw feather shapes onto the construction paper and cut out.
- TA-DA---you've made Tom the Thankful Turkey!
By Thanksgiving, Tom will be a very full-feathered turkey and you and your family can take the time to read the things ya'll wrote down over the month! It's a cute way to get your young kids involved and thinking about what they are thankful for.
Take the time to be grateful for all your blessings!