Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gospel Quiet Book

Don't forget to follow us, if you haven't already!!! My next few posts are not new crafts, but things I did right before we moved into our house (hence the reason for the lack of posting).

Now that I've finally mailed the second book, I have no hesitation in posting the page pictures.

The only template I used was for Joseph's coat (found here); every other page is a Ambo creation. So, if you happen to enjoy the pages and use them as inspiration, please link here and give credit.

After baby girl's birth, I just might make templates, if there is a big enough demand and we somehow get more readers...

Picture 1: Noah's Ark--fill with animal finger puppets, Tree of Life--sliding people & snapable fruit, Pioneer Wagon--lace cover & attach wheels, Temple Puzzle Page---build temples, & Time for Tithing--pay tithing with envelope and slip inside
Picture 2: Joseph's Coat--colors snap on and off, Jaredites' Journey--boats unbutton from glowing stones, Singing Voices--felt note and beads slide, Puzzle Storage--for temples, & My Scripture Case--pack scriptures for Sunday, can even put real pencil and paper for drawingPicture 3: Temple Puzzles for puzzle page
I made these all for a friend and, after taking a long, much needed quiet book break, I will have no choice but to fulfill the urge to make some for my own children. :)

16 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember me Amber, but I found your blog through a Facebook friend's blog (Ashley A., I don't want to put her whole name for her privacy). I just love your crafts though! I'm planning on doing a freezer paper shirt for a Christmas present! THanks for sharing. And I hope this wasn't too creepy that I left a random comment like this!

    <3 Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. It's so beautiful that I don't even let Addie play with it, she just gets to look. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just linked over from Ucreate...amazing! You're a good friend cause that's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, I made a quiet book last year and came up with some of those same ideas! I had a temple puzzle, sliding iron rod, sliding notes, and a zipper ark. It looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have been contemplating a quiet book for quite a while for my 3 year old and have yet to do one. With another baby on the way, I really want to do one. Templates would be awesome! Found you on Ucreate

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't know if you already did a tutorial on how to make these but if you haven't, PLEASE DO!!!! Saw your ideas on U Create. She loved them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is a good explaination of what it is - bragging is fun and all - but I'd like to see a step by step how-to quiet book tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, this is EXACTLY the kind of quiet book that I've been looking for: gospel oriented so it's perfect for sacrament meeting, but still has stuff for the kids to do! I'd LOVE a template for this - PLEASE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fun! I came over from Ucreate too. I love new ideas for quiet books (I'm LDS too...) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i came from Ucreate...would LOVE templates! I have been DYING to make a church based quiet book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came from ucreate...I would also love to get some templates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came from ucreate and would love templates too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I found this link. Did you ever estimate how much it cost you to make the books?

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you still have them I would love the template for these! I've been looking for something church related to keep my little girl entertained and this would be perfect!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on working on them this summer. I'll keep everyone posted!

      Delete
    2. did u ever get templates for these? i'd really love to make some of these for my kids in sacrament meeting each week. thank you so much!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!