Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fast 'n Easy Hooded Towels

A couple nights ago---for thirty minutes TOTAL--- I made these for my kids:

Hooded Towels!

All you need is: one large towel, one hand towel, matching thread and sewing notions.

I mostly followed {THIS} tutorial from {Make 'n Takes}.

MY CHANGES:
I (my husband) ripped the seam out of the top of the hand towel and that's where I sewed for the top of the hood. Then I pulled opposite corners together and sewed across the top to create a flat top---instead of a pointed one.
I also sewed right sides together since I had a raw edge.
I used the leftover half to create the first letter of each of my kid's names.

The finished project is really large on a toddler/baby, but they'll grow into it. And, what a perfect baby shower gift for all of us who have expecting friends (and even the older siblings too)!

Really easy, really fast and now my kids have towels that aren't ones we've been using since our newlywed days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!