Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amigurumi & Cosplay Status



This is another amigurumi to be sold in my future Etsy shop. I like the contrast in yarns and thought it would be perfect for a cute little bear! The picture is horrendous so I'll make sure to have a better picture up for Etsy. I'll let you all know when that happens. I just want to make a few more things before setting it up. ;)



Some of you may know that I'm working on a new cosplay. This one will be Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII. For him I had to make some faux metal. I used a tutorial posted here. I actually changed it up a a bit. I made the pieces the same way but then I only did a layer of Elmer's glue, no water. Then I have five layers of gold acrylic paint. Attaching the pieces to the boot covers and glove that I made turned out to be harder. I had to end up using super glue and it worked really well. I'm pretty happy with the results being my first time doing this method. What you do think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!