Basically, they are Gospel Flash Cards. Wanna make your own, it's real easy! The great thing is that this project is so flexible you can make as many or as little cards as you want!
What you need:
- Clip Art and/or Pictures for each subject
- Book Ring or Ribbon
- Any kind of Publishing Software or scrapbooking supplies for all you handy scrapbookers out there!
- Some type of lamination (I did mine at Kinko's for under $5)
- Single Hole Punch
- Go through and pick however many gospel topics and/or principles you want for the cards. If anyone needs inspiration, here's my list: Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, First Vision, Book of Mormon, First Presidency, Twelve Apostles, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, Atonement, Sacrament, Temples, Priesthood, Articles of Faith, Plan of Salvation, Tithing, Word of Wisdom, and Second Coming.
- Once you have a list then find pictures and/or clip art to go with each card. (I used a lot from Free LDS Art).
- Then, using your publishing software (word, publisher, etc.---I used my lovely scrapbooking software) choose a size to make your cards (mine are 4 x 6) and put the picture with the right card. Some of my cards have more than one picture because I didn't want the picture to look all pixily.
- Onto the back: write a little bit about the subject for the back of the card. For example, on the Jesus Christ card, I wrote: Jesus is the Son of God. He died so we can live with Heavenly Father, Him and each other forever. He is our Savior. (Remember to make your back the same size as the front).
- You can either choose to print them front to back or separately, either way, print it all out. Match them up and go get them laminated. If you happen to have a friend who has a machine, borrow it! OR you can you Contact Paper (not as durable and kind of tricky) OR go to Kinko's and use their machine. If you don't know how to use it, they'll show you!
- Cut out the cards, leaving enough room at the top to punch a hole, and string them through the ribbon or extra book ring!