Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hair Clips & Holder

Before 'Princess' was born I went a little crazy making hair bows (a girl can never have too many) and all of these pictured went to VT sister who also recently had a girl, so I don't feel too bad for making so many:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Since I made so many bows, I needed to make a place to put them. Enter Exhibit C:

Here's what you need:

an old frame, ribbon and a glue gun---That's it!

Strip the old frame down. Throw away all the photo backing stuff and use pliers to take out the little metal pieces. Then flip the frame over and lay out your ribbon. Glue the free end to the frame, pull tight then cut. Glue the other end of the ribbon. Continue gluing ribbon until you reach the end. Then put the bows on the holder and hang it up for the world, your kids, to see.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but why did you make bows that are as big as A's face? I think they're cute and all, but don't you think she shouldn't wear the ones that almost drown her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you figured out the blanket stitch. ^^ Sorry I didn't show that to you when you visited during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love this idea for storing bows. I'm expecting our first little girl in June and this will be perfect! I also love your quiet book ideas. I've been looving for something like this to help keep our toddler happy and quiet during church. I'm going to add you as one of my favorites! Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!