Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Patriotic Decor

Happy FIFTH of July! We had a fun neighborhood get together at our house yesterday (and my in-laws came in town for the holiday), so naturally I had to add a little bit more to my Patriotic decor. Here's what I got:

Stars and Stripes Banner


I completely spaced on creating a tutorial for this... if there's enough interest. It's a lot like the {USA Hang}.

Table Runner
Last year, I participated in a {U-Create Create with Me challenge} to make {quilted table runners}. I loved the idea so much that I've made one for almost every holiday. I just need to make St. Pat's next year and my day-to-day one and I'll have a complete set.

Subway art and Dresser Cover


Found the Subway art {HERE}, got the America at Hobby Lobby on sale, and used my extra fabric from the Table runner to make a quick cover. I love the extra color it brings in.

Cutie Tutu

I know she isn't a decoration, but I couldn't resist making her a Patriotic Tutu (since I had tulle leftover from the banner and door hang). Tutus are super simple; elastic sewn just smaller than your subject's waist and lots of loop knots to create the full skirt. I used the tutorial {HERE}. The only thing I did differently was cut the width of the strips in half, so they were 3 inches wide, instead of 6 inches. She LOVES it.

I also made the matching bow with three leftover strips, a little bit of wire, ribbon, alligator clip, and glue gun.

Did I mention I LOVE the Fourth of July? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!