Saturday, July 31, 2010

Peachy Sweets Day Dream


On deviantART there is a contest called "James and the Giant Peach Day Dream Contest." Now how does this qualify as a day dream? Here's the reasoning I put on deviantART:
For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to eat foods high in sugar without my stomach turning sour. It's usually temporary and only lasts for a couple hours but it's still uncomfortable. I find myself wishing that I can have sweets again. I guess you can say I day dream being able to eat my fill of sugary delights. So this is my entry; me surrounded by peachy sweets. Maybe this will be me again someday.
You want to know the ironic thing? I'm not even sure if I like peaches. It's been forever since I've actually eaten one. However, I thought that the peach flavored delights would fit best seeming that it's for the James and the Giant Peach.

I also said this on deviantART:
This is about 2" tall and 3" wide. I'm not sure on the estimated time that it took to make this. I know that the girl figure took about 2 hrs. I guess you can estimate yourself using that. ^^; Made from different colors of sculpey and fimo clays, as well as TLS.
I failed to mention that I also used glass beads and sculpey gloss glaze. I hope I do well. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!