Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wedding Gifts

My cousin, Carlee, is getting married today and having a reception tomorrow. I thought that I would make her and her husband some gifts since I don't have a lot of money. Her's was the easiest to come up with since I didn't know anything about Eric. I think I figured out something pretty generic that he'll like.

I first made Carlee's gift. Since she's a hairstylist, I thought that a headband would be nice for her. I decided to go with a three-layer flower that alternated some color. (I found out how to make this flower on YouTube a while a go.) I figured out the leaves on my own and then crocheted a way for the flower to slide on the ribbon. I made the attachment wide enough to fit on most headband if she ever wishes to switch it out.

Then came Eric's gift. At first I wasn't sure what I could make him; then I figured that he probably had an MP3 player or iPod. Most people do nowadays. I wanted to use the gray as the base and then use the same colors as Carlee's gift but you can see that idea changed. It really depended on what button color I chose to close it on the back. It ended up being yellow because I liked the contrast so much. I decided to go with a monster face from there. I also made the case big enough to fit my iPod which is the biggest size physically so I was safe to give it to him. (I think when my current case dies I'll be making one kind of like this. xP )

My hope is that they find a use for these gifts and like them. I guess I'll find out when I give these to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!