Saturday, June 18, 2011

We LOVE Frames

Looking for a fast Father's Day gift? Or just a unique way to tell Grandma or Grandpa that the kiddos are thinking about them? Check out these:


The We LOVE frames. We (I say we because my kiddos did the painting behind the cardstock) made one for Daddy and the two grandpas for tomorrow, however the possibilities are ENDLESS. I can't remember if I've seen this around or not, but I LOVE the possibilities (I think I already said that...)

Gather It:
  • Regular weight paper
  • Paint
  • Frame
  • Cardstock
  • Exacto Knife, Cricut or Silhouette
Create It:
  1. Let the artists have some "paint time." Personally, I just let the kiddos paint whatever they want.
  2. While the masterpieces dry, create the cardstock mat. I used my Silhouette to type and cut out the right size. However, if you don't have a cutter, type it up in Word (or a similar program), print out on the cardstock, and cut out what you printed with the Exacto knife.
  3. Once the kiddo art is dry, cut it out to fit the frame. Since I have two kids, we bought double-frames: one frame is art from Knight and the other from Princess. :)
  4. Now, here comes the hardest step, put the cardstock and art in the frame and enjoy everyone's 'hard' work. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It helps us know others appreciate our work (and reach out to other bloggers)!